Effective May 25, 2018
We are not in the business of selling Personal Information about you to anyone!
- describe the types of Personal Information we may collect;
- how we may use and share that information;
- and, how we protect it.
“Personal Information” is any information that relates to you, and which, alone or in combination with other information, could reasonably be used to identify you.
Information We Collect
We may collect or receive Personal Information about individuals in the ways described below. How we collect information and what we collect depends on how you interact with our website.
Information You Provide
You may choose to submit Personal Information and other information when you subscribe to our mailing list or complete an Exhibitor Application. ,We may also collect information from you whenever you communicate with us by email or telephone, purchase products, purchase services, or participate in surveys.
When subscribing to our mailing list, we ask you to provide the following information:
- your name;
- your email address;
- which festivals and events you are interested in;
- your current or desired relationship to us (e.g., attendee, exhibitor, volunteer, etc.)
When completing an online Exhibitor Application, we ask you to provide information including:
- your name and title;
- your email address, postal address, and phone number;
- your company or organization name;
- payment information (credit card information, bank account, etc.)
- images (e.g., for use on your exhibitor profile);
- additional information required to evaluate your products and services.
Information Collected From Devices You Use
When you access or use our websites, we may collect certain information about your device. Such information may include:
- information, including version information, about the web browser or application you are using;
- if you are using a mobile device, the model of the device and its operating system;
- a unique identifier we assign to you;
- your IP address; and
- information about your usage of our websites, including what functions or pages you use, the frequency of your use, links that you click on, and how often you log in.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Some of our websites may also feature cookies associated with certain unaffiliated companies. For example, we may partner with other companies to provide you with connections to certain social networks, such as Facebook and Twitter, and to provide you with additional features such as YouTube. By engaging with such other companies’ sites, for instance, by clicking the Facebook “Like” button found on our Site, such companies may place session or persistent cookies on your device. This may allow these third-parties to collect information about your online activities over time and across websites. The use of these cookies is subject to such third-parties’ own cookie policies.
Web Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
We may use web analytics services on our websites, such as those of Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies to help us analyze how visitors use the site. The information collected (including IP address) through these means is disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the website. We use that information to make informed decisions about the effectiveness of our advertising efforts.
To disable Google Analytics, please download the browser add-on for the deactivation of Google Analytics provided by Google at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Do Not Track
Some web browsers and mobile devices incorporate a “do not track” feature that, when enabled, signals to websites and online services that you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet an accepted standard for how to respond to such a do-not-track signal, we do not recognize or respond to these signals.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect from you to:
- provide products/services to you;
- bill/invoice you;
- process your payments and purchases;
- validate your identity;
- send marketing messages via email;
- respond to your inquiries;
- improve the services you receive from us;
- solicit your feedback;
- prevent you from having to re-enter Personal Information about you on future visits to our websites or subsequent use of our applications;
- facilitate your access to third-party services, such as our Exhibitor Application;
- keep track of your activities;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- detect and prevent fraud and other unauthorized activity;
- comply with applicable legal requirements.
We also use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
If you are an individual in the European Union (E.U.), we may be required to have a legal basis to process your Personal Information for these purposes under applicable E.U. law. We may ask for your consent in certain circumstances as indicated above, but if we do not ask for your specific consent:
- We use your Personal Information for certain purposes as it is necessary to comply with contractual obligations, including our ability to comply with applicable terms and conditions, or when we process payments and purchases you make;
- We may also use Personal Information to comply with our legal obligations, such as financial reporting obligations and compliance with subpoenas or similar court orders; and
- Where not strictly required by contract or by law, we use Personal Information to meet our legitimate business interests (when the use is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as running our business efficiently, advertising our products and services, understanding how our business is performing defending our interests and our legal rights, and keeping our records accurate and up to date. We take steps to ensure that your Personal Information is not used in ways other than those you would expect, and subject to laws in the country where you live, you have the right to object to our uses of Personal Information on this basis.
How We May Share Information
We disclose information about you: (i) to third-parties (such as web hosting providers, software providers, financial institutions who process payments) , (ii) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (iii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, (iv) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity (v) to protect our legitimate business interests or (vi) in any other case, with your consent.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the Personal Information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
We also ensure that, in compliance with applicable law, we do not retain Personal Information longer than necessary. We will keep personal data about you for as long as we have a relationship with you, for example as long as you wish to keep receiving marketing messages from us, or as long as you are a vendor or customer (and for a reasonable period thereafter). When determining how long to retain Personal Information after we no longer have a relationship with you, we consider how long our customers usually want to continue hearing from us, our legal obligations and the expectations of regulators, as well as the length of time information is needed for internal audit purposes and to exercise or defend our legal rights.
Links to Other Websites
Our website contains links to websites maintained by third parties, whose information and privacy practices may differ from ours, including, for example, websites that process online payments. We are not responsible or liable for the content of any such websites, any use of such websites or the information or privacy practices employed by the providers of such websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of all third-party websites before using such websites or submitting any Personal Information or any other information on or through such websites.
Not for Use by Children
We do not knowingly contact or collect Personal Information from, individuals under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, these Services are not intended for you and you should not provide us with any Personal Information.
Access and Correction
To request a copy of the Personal Information we maintain about you, update or correct inaccuracies in that information, or request that we remove your Personal Information from our systems and stop contacting you at any time, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure your request includes your exact name and email address. You also have the right to object (in particular circumstances) to our uses of your Personal Information, the right to restrict our uses of your Personal Information, and the right to have personal data transmitted in electronic form to you or to a third party (the right of “data portability”).
How to Contact Us
Love and Light Events, LLC
3626 Holborn Place
Frederick, Maryland 21704
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authority in the country in which you live.